The North Carolina Entrepreneurship Center (NCEC) at UNCG has one goal – to help students, faculty, staff and community members start and grow their own successful businesses.
The NCEC spearheads and sponsors over a dozen initiatives to help innovative people create and expand their entrepreneurial opportunities. We define entrepreneurship very broadly, supporting individuals whether they are starting a business, working for others, or pursuing a career in non-profit, government or educational institutions. To do this, we strive to:
- Inspire – We inspire people to think innovatively and help instill confidence within to take ACTION and pursue their entrepreneurial dreams.
- Educate – We develop initiatives for entrepreneurs to learn outside the classroom, working on and off campus to develop unique and impactful experiences.
- Connect – We serve as the bridge between students, faculty and staff on campus and the startup community in the Triad.
- Create – We help people blaze new paths to follow their passions, either by creating their own companies or social ventures or helping existing companies grow.
Entrepreneurs come from everywhere. In fact, the majority of business owners who have college degrees do not have degrees in business. We welcome students, faculty, staff and community members from all backgrounds to engage in our activities.
Engagement with the external community is one of the keys to success of the NCEC. We work closely with area colleges and universities, chambers of commerce, economic development organizations, non-profit organizations and others to create high impact programs that will ultimately create a new generation of successful entrepreneurs.
What the NCEC can do for YOU
- Fine-tune your idea to a feasible, actionable concept.
- Connect you with local meetups, organizations, events and other resources.
- Introduce you to local entrepreneurs and community leaders.
- Provide feedback on your business plan.
- Expose you to technology, tools, books and other information to improve your business or idea.
- Advise on next steps for your business.
- Connect you with campus resources including intern programs, feasibility plan courses, etc.
- Brainstorm marketing strategies, markets to enter, efficiency improvements and more.